1867 to today
- apo24.at APP release for android - find the next pharmacy in your area
- auskunft.at APP release for android and iOS - mobile search of telephone data
- The platform firmenbuchgrundbuch.at goes online with new functionalities and a modern look.
- Compass-Benchmark can be retrieved in the Business-Compass and offers a qualitative assessment of companies within the industry.
- firmeninfo.at is expanded with "Selection”, a tool for online selections of marketing data and addresses.
- The portals apo24.at and auskunft.at appear with improved functionalities in the new layout.
- Compass-Realtime undergoes a facelift and offers support & login on a single platform.
- As the official registry, punkt.wien GmbH brings the top level domains ".tirol", ".ski" and ".bio" to the World Wide Web as new domain extensions.
- The Compass Community Convention is held for the third time, this time with a keynote by Prof. Rudolf Taschner.
- firmeninfo.at goes online as Austria’s strongest B2B platform
- As the official registry, punkt.wien GmbH brings the top level domain ".wien" to the World Wide Web as a new domain extension.
- The online archive of Austrian business history zedhia.at goes online with over 1.1 million pages
- New corporate design of the Compass Group and website of www.compass.at
- Compass-Verlag wins 1st prize in the Services and Material Assets Award of the City of Vienna in the Small Company category for its project ZEDHIA (Central European Interactive Digital Archive of Economic and Social History)
- punkt.wien GmbH wins the tender for the top-level domain ".wien"
- Founding of netzadresse.at Domain Service GmbH
- Merger of the group of companies Compass-Verlag GmbH with W&H Futter GmbH
- Investments in ciuvo GmbH and payolution GmbH
- Participation in the build-up of the early stage investor Speed Invest (financing of start-ups)
- Founding of and investment in CYAN Mobile Security GmbH
- Founding of punkt.wien GmbH
- Launch of CMDcomplete, an address selection tool with graphic interface
The subsidiary HF Data Datenverarbeitungs GmbH launches easy.firmenbuchgrundbuch.at, a user-friendly platform for Company Register and Land Register inquiries. Compass thus becomes the market leader amongst clearing houses in Austria
Investment in wikitude GmbH, the world market leader in the area of augmented reality
- The group of companies finances selected start-ups
- Investment in 123people GmbH and CYAN Networks GmbH and founding of adaffix GmbH
- Buyback of Bonnier shares by the shareholder W & H Futter GmbH. The Compass Group thus becomes a pure Austrian family company again
- Sale of the Hoppenstedt brand
- Sales pass the 10 million mark as a result of ongoing growth and the successful company strategy
- From 2005, databases are made available exclusively by means of online access and on CD-ROM
- Acquisition of subsidiaries Plan.at, CMD, Hoppenstedt and Better Business into Compass-Verlag GmbH as well as Compass-Datenbank GmbH and Compass-Redaktion GmbH
- Sale of seminar venue manager Tagen in Österreich
- Werner Futter passes away suddenly on 20 March. He was in the company for 40 years, 28 of those in the position of owner.
- The very last Compass volume appears in book form. All of the volumes, which have been published since 1868, are available in the archive for research purposes
- Commencement of clearance activities for the Republic of Austria by the subsidiary HF Data Datenverarbeitungs GmbH
- Purchase of the seminar venue manager Tagen in Austria
- Purchase of KalenderCard
- Sale of "Amtlicher Lieferungsanzeiger" to Wiener Zeitung
- Cessation of production of Zentralblatt
- The Bonnier Group acquires a 26% stake
- Acquisition of the publisher Hoppenstedt & Co., Wirtschaftsverlag GmbH as a fully consolidated subsidiary of Compass-Verlag
- Founding of the subsidiary plan.at GmbH
- CompNet/CompLine: Austria's first commercial internet database goes online
- Phased sale of investments in Eastern Europe in order to shift the focus back to the home market
- Preparation for internet deployment
- After 66 years in the 1st district next to the Stock Exchange, the company relocates to the larger publishing house in the 14th district
- Founding of the subsidiary Better Business Information Services GmbH, specialising in database connections at large customers and data centres
- Founding of the subsidiary HF Data Datenverarbeitungs GmbH
- Commencement of the expansion into Eastern Europe, founding of the "CompAlmanach-Group": within three years, a total of 10 subsidiaries are founded and investments made
- Founding of the first subsidiary CMD Datenverarbeitungs- und Verlagsg. m. b. H. together with the partner "Management Data", a group company of the former Creditanstalt
- Creation and development of the first trade register database in Austria
- Takeover by Werner Futter as part of a management buy-out from the ownership of the Hanel family
- Founding of Compass-Verlag by the later secretary general of the Austro-Hungarian National Bank, Gustav Leonhardt